Friday, September 26, 2008

Smell the Roses

In the far back is the one pink rose.
This tree used to look like a twig with a few branches.





So finally all of my flowers for the first time, I got to see bloom at the same time. We redid our yard end of spring or beginning of summer and they were just itty bitty stems with a couple of flowers. and all summer just a few would blossom in their own time. Never at the same time. I was getting a little worried about one. It never grew a flower after the first time. Then just recently we got one. It's the one by our front door. The single pink rose. I'm very proud of our luscious garden growing in our front yard. It's a first for me. I got some of the flowers a little late in the pics. Some are starting to die. But I'm just trying to enjoy them while I still can. Everything you see in the pictures were all tiny little plants before.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is impressive. We still haven't done much with our yard. It is so stressful to me because I never think it will look good. It is definitely not my forte.

Tamzen Fleming said...

Good job Sara! It's not easy to grow things in a desert! You rock!

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

we don't really do anything but water them and every now and then trim stuff. most of them are desert plants.

FallingFromGrace said...

Sara...You are being way too shy. You put a lot of planning into buying just the right kind of plants with just the right mix of colors and leaf shapes.

It turned out great. Let me give you a pat on the back!

Jase, Tate & Gav said...

Wow that's gorgeous. You are quite the little gardner now, eh?

Sanders said...

Hey Sara, would you like to meet me at the park sometime this week?

Pili said...

Good Job on the yard! It's probably hard keeping plants alive in vegas but it doesn't seem like you're having too much trouble. Keep up the good work. Do vegetables and fruits grow pretty good there?

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

I know tomatos ,lemons ,limes,and apples grow good here you just have to be good at gardening!