Thursday, February 19, 2009

The first time we met




So i'm a little late with this blog. Me and Mike have been together for five years now. February 13th is the day we met on a friday night at a church singles dance. We were introduced by my friend Laura who worked with him at the time doing Characatures. That was the only singles dance I had ever gone to. He asked me to dance and later that night asked me for my number. So of course i gave it to him. The next day he called . I already had plans to babysit my sister-in-law Faun's kids cause I never expected to go on a date on valentines and especially the next day after meeting him. Some of you know of the 7 day rule!So he ended up meeting me at where I babysat and hung out trying to convince my niece he was a ninja. I liked his strangeness! Than he took me to get frozen custard and to see fiftey first dates. Which is a very cute movie. As we were sitting in the theatre he grabbed my hand and asked if he can borrow it for a while . Smooth and cheesy at the same time! We just hung out the rest of the night talkin and hangin out. We've been together almost every day since. Happy five years Mike! I love you! Please ignore the nappy hair in one of my pics I can't believe he still liked me after he saw that. I feel bad for him!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I remember that pizza. Mike, wow I can't believe the cheesy lines. A side of my brother I have never seen. Thanks, Sara.

Tamzen Fleming said...

So sweet. I'm glad you foud the right guy for you!

Laura Larson said...

two things:
-time flies!
-thanks for mentioning me. i remember introducing you two at that dance. just call me "matchmaker."

Sanders said...

I think you look pretty dang hot in the nappy hair picture, what up?

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

Thanks carol your just saying that!

FallingFromGrace said...

I am so glad you guys met. Sara, thanks and a big hug for becoming part of our family.

The Gearharts said...

Neat to hear the story...I never heard it...happy 5 years.

Jase, Tate & Gav said...

Ahh cute and cheesey that's what love is all about right?

Pili said...

Cute! Mike, you're pretty smooth and a lucky guy!