Monday, October 20, 2008

The lamp is on fire!

So Saturday as I was going to lay in my bed. I went to turn on the lamp next to it.Not really thinking about what I was doing . All of a sudden I see sparks flying and hear a buzzing sound. I scream and run away from the craziness look over, hear a pop and the lamp is on fire. Mike runs to put it out and it goes out before he gets to it. I was completely in shock after words. Knowing that I pretty much almost got electricuted and our house almost caught fire. There is a burn mark on our wall and this is a video of the damage to our lamp. Fun times huh!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is crazy. I am glad that you are all okay.

FallingFromGrace said...

Oh my heck! I guess that little tag that said "Do not use with bult that exceeds 5 watts" was serious?

FallingFromGrace said...

Sorry..I meant to write "bulb that exceeds 5 watts" not "bult". I don't know what a "bult" is. Sounds like a female bigfoot.

Sanders said...

How scary Sara! I'm glad that you & your house are okay!

Tamzen Fleming said...

What the heck! That's crazy!

Trecia said...

man that is some crazy stuff! That was a cute lamp too!

Christensen Family said...

Dang. I bet that got your heart going! Glad you and the house is alright.

The Gearharts said...

What happened? That's crazy! Good thing it happened while you were home or even right in the same room though.